Thursday 7 April 2011

New tablecloth from scraps....

In the run up to our most recent dinner party, I decided that I would like to make myself a new tablecloth.  We have recently painted part of our kitchen a lovely slate grey colour and our dining room is off our kitchen so I wanted to tie it all in together.

I had bought two scraps of fabric in Ikea last year (two pieces at 50p each - bargain!)  The scraps were long enough for my dining table, just not wide enough.  So I decided to try and piece them together to make on piece.  To my amazement it worked really well - they matched up perfectly.

Below is a pic of me placing them together to see if it would work.......



Then I got out my trusty Singer from the 70s and sewed the middle together......


This is the process of piecing them together.  I had to make sure that they lined up perfectly.....


This is a tester to see if it fits my table........ and, yes it did, phew!



Next, I dressed the table ready for our guests.......  I love when daffodils are in season, they are one of my favourite flowers.......


This is another angle of my table - ready with some vintage champagne glasses with tea lights in the middle of them....


And, finally here is my table from a different angle, showing my favourite G-plan unit which has pride of place in that room....


I can't show you any pictures of my guests throughout the evening, as it went way too wild - I love my friends!  A great night was had by all, and I managed to pull off dinner including creme brulee for pudding which I had never made before - yummy, will definitely make that again!  Not for those on a diet though!!

Have a lovely weekend all!

Love
MSM xx

No comments:

Post a Comment