Saturday 22 January 2011

Busy busy week - travel, birthday and parties.....

Well this week has been a bit mad to say the least.  I have spent four days doing a bit of work in Cyprus (picked a cold and rainy week to go out unfortunately) and managed to spend a bit of time wandering and looking at what Cyprus has to offer.  I tried to find a thrift shop that I had been recommended but much to my disappointment, couldn't find it.  Probably because most of Cyprus appears to be closed during January as it is so quiet.

Got back on Tuesday night and had only a couple of hours to prepare for my daughter's 6th birthday on Wednesday - I can't quite believe that she is now six.  Here is a funny wee snap of her, managed to take it just as the balloon covered her face!  She is smiling like a cheshire cat behind it which makes it even more funny to me!



We marked her birthday in style and was celebrating her cousins birthday today!  And, yet another birthday tale - we are off to a 40th birthday party tonight with some friends.  Really looking forward to it but am having a lack of inspiration of what I am going to wear.  To top it all I saw a PERFECT dress in the shops today - it was so totally me, and had to be dragged away by my husband sprouting what my goal for this year is - sustainable syle ie not buying any NEW clothes!!  I am now on a hunt for something similar to thrift - navy blue scooter style dress with a peter pan collar which is piped in brown.    Needle in a haystack, me thinks!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

MSMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment