Sunday 30 January 2011

Whisky Galore!

This week has been a good week.  The days have flown by and I think that it is because I was looking forward to hosting two parties on Saturday.  The first party for my daughter's birthday with her friends.  We went to a craft studio and it was lots of fun!  That was the easy party as all I had to do was food, cake and party bags - which is also something I totally enjoy - especially for girls.

The second party took somewhat more organisation.  We were hosting a Burn's Supper for 10 people.  What a laugh!  Obviously whisky played a major part of the evening.  The only thing it wasn't in was the starter, which was cock a leekie soup.  Whisky cocktails (whisky macs), whisky sauce with the haggis, whisky in the cranachan and a malt to round the meal off.  Good job I like whisky!!


and you can see here that the malt whisky is no more........ delicious!


this was the table towards the end of the night.......

After the big clear up after the night before this morning, I felt I deserved a bit of retail therapy.  Shopping I hear you say, is that allowed during my year of sustainable style?  Yes, as it was charity shop shopping. Some of the charity shops nearby are open on a Sunday which I did not know!  Result.  

The first shop I went into I found this lovely tunic.  You may remember in a previous post I mentioned that I was looking for something with a peter pan collar?  Well I found this tunic by Edith & Ella.  Now I hadn't heard of that brand before and have done a bit of research and it is by a designer from Copenhagen and tops like this retail for £100+.  This one cost me £12 - I am delighted.


Excuse the creases in this shot.  I tried it on here before I popped it in the washing machine.





I also managed to pick up a long black lace dress which is totally frumpy just now but I have plans for it!!  My husband and I are going to a wedding next month so that it my next project - de-frumping an old lady dress.......I think I may have quite a job on my hands!

MSMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment