Sunday 16 October 2011

Orla Kiely Transformation

I just love Orla Kiely fabrics and when I bought some second hand chairs for my dining table, her fabrics sprung to mind when I thought about re-covering them.

I managed to get the fabric that I wanted on e-Bay and set about re-covering them yesterday.  That kind of job takes longer than you would expect - and a thousand staples later, here is the result.

Before...


After...




I am just delighted with them.  I re-stained the wood first and covered using a layer of fabric underneath the Orla Kiely piece, then put a backing fabric on the base to ensure that none of the fabric will fray.

The only thing to do now is wait and see how long they will stay clean!  With two children about I doubt that will be long!

MSMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment