Monday 7 February 2011

More goodies from my attic....

Well the real reason I went into my attic yesterday was to bring down a coffee set which was given to me when my great aunt died many years ago (in the 1980s).  I have brought it with me through four house moves over the years and it has always remained wrapped in newspaper in a box.








I knew that the handle of the coffee pot was broken and wanted to look at it to see if it could be repaired - I think that it possibly could be (not by me) but will need a bit of work.  Luckily all the pieces are still there.

It is such a pretty set.  I took each individual piece out of its newspaper wrapping (which was dated 1980) and had a good look at it, took some photos and then carefully wrapped it back up again and put it back into it's box.

This is something that I want to keep special and don't want to risk my kids accidently knocking over.  So for now, it is back in the attic until I can display it properly at a later date.

MSMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment