Monday 7 February 2011

Re-wearing my own wardrobe

I was having a scout around my wardrobe last night and I was shocked at the amount of stuff I saw that I literally haven't worn for years.  Over the past couple of years I have been very safe with my style.  I have spent the past three years doing the school run and for that my uniform is jeans and a jacket (doesn't matter what I wear on top as no-one ever see it!) - then, occasionally vamping it up with a hat and/or a scarf!!

Now I have taken a vow to wear something each day this week that I haven't had on my back since, well I don't know when!!

So today, for starters, I pulled out this blouse.  Now I still absolutely love this blouse, I love the collar, I love the cuffs and I love the colour!  What I don't like is the quality, it started falling apart the day that I first wore it.  The poppers down the front have mostly disappeared and when I put it on today I have had to hold it together with three safety pins.  Never mind, no-one noticed the pins, and I have felt good today wearing it!  That is the important part.

I teamed it up with some straight leg black trousers and put a short sleeved black tunic over the top of the blouse, mainly to cover the lack of poppers, and to save my modesty!

I took these photos using my mini tripod so please excuse the quality - my husband wasn't around to take the pics!


Close up of the frilly collar


Frilly cuffs


Teamed it up with my brown Fly London boots


Lovin' a bit of black & white


Showing the black tunic worn on top of the blouse


MSMxx

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea! I need to dig deep into my drawers and relearn how to rock all my seldom-worn clothing. Cute look. Love the blog!

    Courtney
    www.stickylipgloss.com

    ReplyDelete