Sunday 6 February 2011

Treasure in my attic......

I went into our attic today for something and saw in the very far back corner a box which I did not recognise.  We have lived in this house for three years now and I have never noticed this box before.  It was left by previous owners and was left in a corner beside some old broken furniture that they left behind.  I took the box downstairs and to my joy, it was full of old bone china tea sets and some glasses.



This is a peek inside the box before I fully opened it.  I took everything out and laid it on my kitchen table.


This is a peek at some of the lovely glasses that were there.  Look at all of the lovely colours of the glass.




This pale green set is stunning.  It has six cups and saucers, six side plates, a serving plate, sugar bowl and milk jug.  It is in perfect condition and now has pride of place on my shelving unit in my kitchen just waiting for some girl friends to come round and try them out!


This blue set is also lovely - it is a full set, minus two of the cups.



There are also some single sets which I also love.


This pale green set has stunning floral detail.

There was only one casualty which was amazing given they have all probably sat inside that box for many years.


I am just delighted.  I have been looking for a china tea set for a while now and had not one, but two full sets in my attic all along........what a treat.

MSMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment